Technology is dramatically changing the way that companies manage their sales. It’s come to the point where if you’re not using the right software, you simply won’t be able to keep up with the competition. And it’s not just about getting the software you need – it’s also about making sure that your team is utilizing it for maximum efficiency.
Perhaps the most powerful tool available to sales teams is lead and sales tracking software that provides real-time inside sales insights into call activity metrics and team performance. With it, you can easily pull up reports and analyze the data as well as identify potential issues before they even become a major problem.
You can also monitor individual team member performance as well as call metrics to see how your reps are doing and whether or not there is room for improvement. Measure the success of your lead campaigns and share important data with marketing to improve communication and streamline efforts.
Data is Powerful
With all this information available to you, the question becomes whether or not you are making the most of it. Are you:
- Regularly tracking your sales and call metrics?
- Querying specific data for use in targeted sales and marketing campaigns?
- Selecting key data points to calculate lead scores?
- Monitoring team performance and making improvements?
- Pulling reports to analyze data and share insights with marketing?
Though the technology is powerful, it requires you and your team to actually utilize it. If you want to make the most of your sales software, it’s essential that you and your team are properly trained on how to use it and that you are putting it to good use.
- Provide ongoing training to ensure that everyone has a refresher on how to use the solution and to cover any recent changes from updates to the software.
- Create a robust onboarding package that outlines how to use the software effectively with your sales strategy.
- Regularly pull reports on team performance and call metrics and make improvements based on the data.
- Share insights between sales and marketing so that efforts can be streamlined to improve the overall performance of each team and successfully carry leads through the sales funnel.
- Customize your lead scores by selecting key data points that pertain to your specific sales strategy so that your sales reps are connected to the best leads.
If you don’t have time to do this yourself, then you need to delegate tasks and make sure someone is responsible for lead and sales tracking. It’s absolutely necessary if you want to be able to make revenue-generating decisions that will steer your company in the right direction.
Keep Up with Trends
The world of sales is ever-changing, with new trends emerging every year. Without the use of sales tracking technology, you wouldn’t be able to keep up with the changes and adjust your sales strategies accordingly. That’s why it’s important that you don’t become complacent in your efforts and that you are constantly monitoring the data – or else you risk falling behind.