Mo Versi, the VP of product management for HTC, has confirmed while replying to a tweet, that the T-Mobile variant of the HTC One M8 will receive the Marshmallow update near the end of this month. Currently the T-Mobile variant of the HTC One M8 runs on Lollipop 5.0.1 .
The HTC One M8 was its flagship launched in March 2014 with Android KitKat 4.4.2, since then it has been updated to 4.4.3, 4.4.4, and Lollipop 5.0. In December of 2015 the unlocked versions started receiving the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. And along with that release, Versi verified that the update for the carrier variants is in the lab and will be out soon.
The Marshmallow update will bring the following new software enhancements to the HTC One M8
Google Now on Tap: Pressing and holding the home button will analyze the contents on the screen and display google cards related to the contents on the screen.
Better SD card handling: A newly inserted SD card in Marshmallow can be used as ‘portable storage’ to contain just the images and other media; or as ‘internal storage’, which allows the card to be used to store apps and all other media files.
The HTC One M8’s key specifications include:
- 5 inch Full HD( 1080p ) screen with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB RAM with 16/32 GB onboard storage and upto 128 GB microSD expandability
- UltraPixel 4 MP dual cameras on the rear and 5 MP front facing camera
- 2600 mAh battery with Qualcomm quick charge 2.0 support