One of the most appreciated things about OnePlus smartphones is that the company provides regular updates to their users. The OnePlus phones run on the Android OS, with the OxygenOS on top. The latest update comes out for the users of OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T today, as OnePlus has just begun to roll out the OxygenOS 4.1.6 update. This update has been rolling out for users of various regions, and is expected to reach all users in the next few days. Let us take a detailed look at what’s new in this update:
OxygenOS 4.1.6: What’s New
The latest update from OnePlus brings out a number of tweaks as well as fixes some bugs that had been bothering the users for a while. The changelog can be seen with the updates, and here is a list of the new features introduced by the company:
- Important notifications that come straight from OnePlus would now be visible as system push notifications so that the users do not miss them.
- The OxygenOS 4.1.6 update also brings in the Android Security Patch to the May 2017 update.
- Some carrier specific changes have also been introduced. Network settings for certain carriers have also been improved.
- A Reliance Jio specific update has been rolled out. Some users were complaining about trouble with VoLTE connectivity while using Reliance Jio SIM cards. This problem has been fixed now.
- The WiFi no-internet icon has now been modified.
- There were some users facing connection issues with Android Auto. This too, has been fixed now.
- OnePlus has also introduced small tweaks and optimizations to the following
- Proximity Sensor
- Expanded Screenshots
- Enhanced System Stability
The OxygenOS 4.1.6 Update comes out at a size of 89MB. We recommend the users to download the update on a Wi-Fi connection and to install the update when they have a battery life of over 60% at the least. With the OnePlus 5 coming out over the next few days, all eyes are going to be on OnePlus!