The LineageOS, ever since its formation, has been quite vocal when it comes to their blog. While they regularly keep updating the users about what’s new, they also have a weekly and bi-weekly roundup from time to time. Here’s what the developers have been up to in the past two weeks (The first two weeks of April 2017):
- LineageOS has merged their N branch to 7.1.2. This is a major merge which includes all AOSP security patches as well as features to their platform. Basically new builds that come out after the 14th of April will carry this.
- Another major change that has been introduced in April 2017 is the fact that users can now make bitcoin donations. While this is of use for those who like making payments via bitcoins, LineageOS is also expected to introduce more forms of payments for those who are uncomfortable with crypto currencies.
- Support for 8 new LineageOS 14.1 devices was introduced:
- HTC M9 (GSM) – himaul – maintainers: rashed, raymanfx
- HTC M9 (Verizon) – himawl – maintainers: flyhalf205, rashed, raymanfx
- Letv LeEco Le 2 (International) – s2 – maintainer: codeworkx
- Letv LeEco LePro3 – zl1 – maintainers: codeworkx, jrior001
- LG L90 – w7 – maintainer: mobiusm
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 LTE (Sprint) – lt02ltespr – maintainer: deadman96385
- Yu Yuphoria – lettuce – maintainers: h2o64, mikeioannina, TheStrix
- Yu Yureka – tomato – maintainers: h2o64, Meninblack007, mikeioannina
- While support was introduced for the aforementioned 8 devices, support for Nextbit Robin was pulled off. It has been temporarily disabled as bugs are being rectified.
- There was an issue with extra tiles in LineageOS which was causing an increased consumption of the battery. This was fixed earlier in the month.
- Support for Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS arrived.
- The LineageOS website as well as wiki are now using HTTPS instead of HTTP.
- They introduced two april fools builds which have since been pulled down following the prank getting over. (VoLTE and Br0zip).
These weekly and bi-weekly posts are a good means of keeping the users alert about the goings-on of the Lineage OS, in case they missed out on things!