The LG V20 is one of the best phones of 2016. The smartphone was announced in September of the year, and has since been trending. The phone was in the news as it was the first smartphone to release with the Android Nougat OS pre-installed in it. It was one of the best LG phones of all times. However, it’s now 2017, and if you want to give your LG V20 a refreshing new look, you should totally check out Lineage OS on LG V20.
Lineage OS started off on the 1st of January this year. It is literally the extension of what cyanogenmod was. The cyanogen project fell apart on the 24th of December, and shut down a week later. However, Lineage OS has come out as a saving grace. It consists of the members of the same team which made the cyanogenmod project. Let us now take detailed look on how to install LineageOS on LG V20.
How to Install Lineage OS on LG V20
To install Lineage OS on the LG V20, the users need to following the steps mentioned below carefully. The process is not complex, but it is even easier if you have installed a custom ROM in the past. For the users who have not installed a custom ROM, do not worry. Here’s what you need to do to install Lineage OS on LG V20:
In order to install Lineage OS on LG V20, the users need to ensure they have the following two things ready with them:
- A Rooted T-Mobile LG V20
- The Lineage OS ROM for T-Mobile LG V20
- The Android Nougat Gapps for T-Mobile LG V20
The Android Nougat Gapps are needed because the custom ROMs do not come with pre-installed Google Services such as the Google Play Store and other similar Google services. These Gapps need to be installed in the same manner as the Lineage OS ROM.
Install Lineage OS on LG V20
Let us now take a look at how to install Lineage OS on LG V20. This is quite an easy process and all a user needs to do is to follow our instructions carefully. It is even easier if you have installed another ROM in the past. However, don’t worry if you’re new to this, as the detailed instructions are as follows:
- Before you begin, make sure that you have backed up all your personal files. Users also need to ensure their battery is well charged before they begin. Also ensure that you have the TWRP recovery installed.
- After ensuring the above, place the custom ROM and the Android Nougat Gapps in the internal storage of the phone.
- Boot on to the TWRP recovery mode, and select Wipe. Then proceed to ‘Swipe to Factory Reset.’ Go back to the TWRP menu after this, and select install. Then you will have to choose the ROM file that you saved on to your internal storage. Select it, and then continue with ‘Swipe to confirm flash’. The installation has now begun.
- After the Lineage OS ROM gets installed, you need to proceed by going to Wipe cache/dalvik option. There, proceed to ‘Swipe to Wipe’. Following this, you would need to go through the entire process once again, but this time with the Android Nougat Gapps instead of the LineageOS ROM.
- After installing the Lineage OS ROM, as well as the Android Nougat Gapps, restart the phone.
This is the process to install Lineage OS on LG V20. For those who might still be unsure about it, here’s a detailed guide which explains in a methodical, step by step manner on how to install Lineage OS.
DISCLAIMER: Neither the author, nor the owner of this website is responsible for any damages that might occur to your phone, or any other devices while following, or after following the guide. The user is solely responsible for all the damage.