Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is one of the finest smartphones of 2016. The phone released in March 2016, an has since been one of the highest selling devices of the year. The phone was among the top names of the year along with the Google Pixel and the iPhone 7. While it has been nearly a year since the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge released, it continues to dominate the markets. Interested users can also install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge now.
LineageOS is among the most popular names when it comes to the markets of smartphone technology. It has been around officially for just a little over 10 days, but the impact is quite widespread. It is an extension of what the cyanogenmod, and the cyanogen project at large was. Let us take a look at how to install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge:
How to Install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
To Install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is not a complex task. Users need to follow the step by step procedure, and ensure that it happens well. It is easy to Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge if you have a prior experience with installing a ROM on any phone. Let us now take a look at the basic requirements:
Before they install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, users need to ensure they have the following three things ready:
- A Rooted Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone
- Lineage OS ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Android Nougat Gapps for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
The Android Nougat Gapps need to be installed as the custom ROMs do not have Google apps built-in. To use services like that of the Google Play Store or the default Google apps like calendar, etc, the Android Nougat Gapps are needed.
In addition to that, the users also need to ensure they have installed the TWRP recovery installed on their phone.
Install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge:
- Take a backup of all your important files before you begin to install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Also ensure that the battery has a decent amount of charge. (We recommend 100%)
- After downloading the Lineage OS ROM file, and the Android Nougat Gapps, place both of them in the internal storage of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Boot on to the TWRP mode, and proceed by going to the option called ‘Wipe’. There, the users need to select Swipe to factory reset. After selecting that, go back to the main menu of TWRP and select the ROM file from the internal storage.
- After selecting this ROM file, the users need to go to ‘Swipe to confirm flash’. The installation has now begun.
- After you install the Lineage OS ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone, you would need to do the same process again for the Android Nougat Gapps. After both, the ROM and the Gapps are installed, the users need to restart their phone.
This is how to install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If you are still in doubt, do read our detailed guide on how to install Lineage OS on your smartphone for more clarifications.
DISCLAIMER: Neither the author, nor the owner of this website is responsible for any damages that might occur to your phone, or any other devices while following, or after following the guide. The user is solely responsible for all the damage.