Nexus 6P was the final smartphone to release under the Nexus brand name. The phone has been quite popular with the users and has been around since the past one year. It released in late 2015, and was the top smartphone in the Android markets till the Google Pixel came out. Now that the phone has been around for over a year, it is still one of the best smartphones in the markets.
Lineage OS has been making quite a name for itself in the recent few weeks. The organization was formed after cyanogen inc. disintegrated. While Lineage OS too, comprises of mostly the same people who were behind the development of the CyanogenMod, Let us now take a detailed look on how to install Lineage OS on Nexus 6P.
How to Install Lineage OS on Nexus 6P
Nexus 6P is phone many users would love to tinker around with. Here’s a step by step guide on how to install Lineage OS on Nexus 6P. Before beginning the guide, we would like to tell you that the current version of Lineage OS is unofficial and can come with a lot of bugs you might not be happy about, in case you aren’t someone who can live with bugs we would recommend you not to install this ROM.
It is not a complex task to install Lineage OS on Nexus 6P, especially for those users who are slightly experienced and have installed the OS before. Let us first take a look at the two basic requirements:
Android Nougat Gapps are needed as the custom ROMs do not come with pre-installed Google services like the Google Play Store, Gmail, Google calendar, etc. These ROMs need the Gapps to be flashed externally. The link above has the complete details on how to do so.
How to Install Lineage OS
Let us now take a look on how to install Lineage OS on Nexus 6P. Before beginning the process, we have a word of caution for the users. We strongly recommend taking a backup, and charging the phone so that it does not shut down midway during the installation process. The users need to have the TWRP recovery installed to their phone.
- Place the downloaded ROM and Android Nougat Gapps file on to the internal storage of the phone.
- Boot the Nexus 6P on to the TWRP recovery mode.
- In the recovery, select ‘Wipe’, and then select ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’.
- Following that, go back to TWRP, and go to Install. Then select the custom ROM file that you transferred on to the internal memory of your phone in the first step.
- Following that, tap on ‘Swipe to confirm flash’. This would then lead to the process beginning. The ROM is now being installed and it might take some time.
- After that is done, users would see a wipe cache option. Select that, and press Swipe to Wipe. Following that the entire procedure needs to be followed again, but this time for installing the Android Nougat Gapps.
- The phone now needs to be rebooted.
This is how to install Lineage OS on Nexus 6P smartphones. The process is quite simple, but it needs to be followed exactly the way it has been detailed. For more details, users can refer our step by step guide on how to install Lineage OS.
DISCLAIMER: Neither the author, nor the owner of this website is responsible for any damages that might occur to your phone, or any other devices while following, or after following the guide. The user is solely responsible for all the damage.