One of the biggest upgrades in the latest Samsung Galaxy S8 is Bixby. Bixby is Samsung’s very own AI and works like Google Assistant. Samsung is that much confident on the Bixby that it has specially assigned a separate button for Bixby in their latest flagship Galaxy S8. Bixby can now be installed in other Galaxy smartphones as well. The best part is that you need to root your device to install it. It is a very simple process and along with it, we will also help you in installing Galaxy S8 launcher on your Galaxy Device.
Galaxy S8 is the latest flagship by Samsung featuring a plethora of new features and design. It boasts of 5.8’ display called as ‘Infinity Display’. It is one of its own display which melts into the phone and is curved on the edges. The US Model is powered by latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 while other models are powered by Exynos 8895 chipset. It is supported by a 4 GB of RAM and comes with 64 GB of Internal Storage.
Note: Ensure that your Galaxy Device is running on latest Android 7.0 Nougat. Bixby and Galaxy S8 launcher is currently supported by Android 7.0 only and will not work on Android versions below it.
Steps to Install Galaxy S8 Launcher & Bixby on Galaxy Devices
- Download the APK File for Bixby and Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher
- Install both the APKs on your Galaxy Device. Ensure that you have enabled the installation from Unknown Sources. To do so go to Settings > Security and tap on the Unknown Sources. Tap OK on the prompt message.
- As soon as APK gets installed, you will notice that the launcher has now changed to Galaxy S8 Launcher & Bixby.
- Go to Settings > Applications > TouchWiz home. Tap on ‘Storage’ and then tap on ‘Clear Data’ & ‘Clear Cache’. Clearing the data and cache will remove the lag if any.
- Just restart your Galaxy device once and it’s done. Swipe from left on your device and you will find Bixby.
Why install the Galaxy S8 Launcher and Bixby Assistant?
Galaxy S8 Launcher can improve the performance of your Galaxy device and if you notice it will also clear the lag which you were facing earlier. The Galaxy S8 Launcher will give you swipe up/down app drawer feature which is like Pixel Launcher. It will also give you enhanced and better ways of accessing the apps. Besides, it also gives your device the user interface that is present in the Galaxy S8.
Bixby comes with many features and the integration with the camera makes it even more amazing. Bixby Vision uses the device camera and is capable of product search, wine search, translating text, identifying landmarks and places, finding similar images and reading QR Codes and Barcodes. You just need to wait for Bixby to scan the landmark on object and tap on the button at the bottom of the display to use these features. Let us know if you are facing any issue in installing Bixby and S8 Launcher on your Galaxy Device.