Google launched the Android 5.0 Lollipop just 2-3 days back, Before launching the Android 5.0 Lollipop it released a Developer Preview version of Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Google Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. Guess what? Here is a rooting guide through which you could learn “How to root Official Android 5.0 Lollipop”. So Let’s begin with the guide and begin rooting!
The steps written below assumes that you have basic knowledge about fastboot and Flashing stuff to the phone. If you don’t know then you could make a Google Search.
How to Root Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 5?
Well Google launched the Android L Developer Preview for the Nexus 5 which enabled the users to access the developer version of the Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system before it was installed some user found a trick to root the Nexus 5 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. To root a Nexus 5 operating on official Android 5.0 Lollipop OS follow the below listed steps.
- First Download the SuperSU and Boot Image.
- Using Fastboot, Flash all the Google img Files. (Google Search to Learn it, if you don’t know to use Fastboot)
- Reboot the Nexus 5.
- Connect the Phone to the PC (Computer System)
- Put the Boot Img File and SuperSU 2.14 in the Download Folder.
- Flash the Latest TWRP Recovery using Fastboot.
- Reboot into recovery mode and search for the Download Folder.
- After finding the Download Folder just Flash the Boot Img and the SuperSU 2.14
- Reboot your Nexus 5.
That’s it, you’ve successfully rooted the Google Nexus 5 operating on the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system. You can now try some tweaks you wanted to try but weren’t able to try that because your Phone wasn’t rooted!
P.S : Neither the author, nor the site will be responsible for any damage in the Phone or the surroundings, but if you face any problem while performing the steps, you could make a comment here, I’ll try my level best!