In this blog post we will learn how to remove followers on Instagram and Twitter. On Instagram, 8% of the users are fake and another 30% are inactive. Some of these may be your followers.
Many people buy followers on Instagram and Twitter to try and boost their social status, but many of the followers they buy are more for quantity rather than quality. This is why it is important to learn how to remove followers on Instagram and Twitter.
Did you buy followers? Maybe your accounts are plagued by spam and bots. We’ll show you how to remove followers on Instagram and on Twitter.
One of the easiest ways to get bots and fake accounts to stop following you is to block them.
If you block them just because you want them to unfollow you, you can always immediately unblock them and they still won’t be following you. But if you do this, know that they can still see your posts and follow you again. So it is up to you if you want to leave them blocked.
On Instagram, you can follow these steps to block someone. This is one simple way many people have learned how to remove followers on Instagram.
- Go to the account you want to block.
- In the top right-hand corner, tap on the three dots.
- A list will pop up, and “Block” should be the first option.
- Click that.
- Instagram will then ask you if you really want to block them and tells you that they won’t inform the account you blocked them.
- Tap “Block.”
- Another box will pop up after you’ve blocked them. Click “Dismiss.”
- This user will now be blocked and won’t be following you anymore.
If you want to unblock them, instead of learning how to remove followers on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Go to the account you just blocked.
- Tap the same three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- “Unblock” should be the first option in the list that pops up; click that.
- Instagram will ask you to confirm again; click “Unblock.”
- Another information box will pop up informing you of what you just did. Click “Dismiss.”
- Now, this user will no longer be following you, but they can still see your account or request to follow you.
On Twitter, you can follow these steps to block someone instead of knowing how to remove followers on Instagram and twitter.
- Go to the account you want to block.
- In the top right-hand corner, there will be three dots; click that.
- When the list comes up, there should be an option near the bottom that says “Block.” Click that.
- Twitter will ask you to confirm that you want to block that person. Click “Block.”
- This user is now blocked.
To unblock them, follow these steps:
- Go to the account of the person you blocked.
- Tap the red “Blocked” button near the top of their profile.
- Tap “Unblock.”
- This user will now be unfollowing you, but they can still go to your profile and find you.
How to Remove Followers on Instagram Easily
Unfortunately, Twitter doesn’t have a feature that easily shows you how to remove followers on Instagram and twitter. Removing followers without blocking them is new to Instagram, but gives you a route around blocking and unblocking every ghost account that follows you.
When you remove a follower, you are basically just forcing them to stop following you. They won’t be notified or be aware of it unless they really loved your posts and wonder why you’re no longer showing up in their feed. However, if you are removing ghost or bot accounts, they won’t be offended or aware of the change.
Here is how to remove followers on Instagram broken down into steps:
- Go to your own profile.
- Click on your followers.
- You will see a list of your followers, along with whether or not you are following them. To the right of that, you will see three dots; click on those.
- Instagram will ask you if you want to remove this follower and tells you that they won’t tell the account that you did this.
- Click “Remove.”
- This follower will now be removed from your list of followers.
Tools to Quickly Remove Followers
Here are some tools to quickly remove followers since we already know how to how to remove followers on Instagram. Going through your list of followers and blocking or removing them can take a long time depending on how many followers you have.
This process can take up hours that you don’t have time for. That’s why people have invented different apps and tools to help you remove these followers.
One popular one for Instagram is called “Cleaner for Instagram.” There is a free version of this app and also a paid trial that can perform bigger functions.
The app can do things like:
- Perform mass unfollows
- Mas remove followers
- Mass delete posts
- Unlike mass posts
- Preview posts
- Provide support for multiple accounts
- Undo actions
If you don’t want to take the steps necessary to learn how to remove followers on Instagram, spend the time to unfollow or block all of these people on your own, you may want to look into getting one of these apps or finding other tools to help you.
For Twitter, unfollowing people can be a little more difficult. While there are still apps and tools that can make this process easier, there are also different hacks that people have discovered.
If you want to unfollow people on Twitter quickly, there is a quick hack in this Twitter unfollow guide that you should check out.
Make Your Account Private
Now that we know how to remove followers on Instagram we can review how to make your account private. Once you have removed or blocked these followers, you should be aware that they still may be able to see your posts. They may decide to follow you again, and you will have to go through this whole process if you really don’t want them to follow you.
To combat this, you can always make your account private. Then they will have to request to follow you and won’t be able to access and see your different posts.
If you need your account to be public and certain users won’t stop following you, it may be best to just leave them blocked.
Manage Your Account Followers Today
In order for your account to be successful, you need followers who will engage with your content. It is better to have quality over quantity.
Learning how to remove followers on Instagram or Twitter doesn’t have to be time-consuming or difficult if you know how to do it.
If you have any other questions about how to do this, feel free to contact us.