Moto G phones have always been promising, be it Moto G 2014 or Moto G 2015, both have made it to the list of best-seller phones. Moto G phones have been example of good phones with average Android phone specs, good battery life, quick updates at cheaper price. Moto G 2014 phones have received update of Android Lollipop 5.0.2 but failed in receiving update of Android Lollipop 5.1.1. It is yet receive the Marshmallow update, Motorola promises that the users should expect updates in the near future.
Motorola may keep their users waiting for the latest Android M update, but devs at Xda have been working hard for those Moto G 2014 users. There are good ROMs based on Android 5.1.1 which perform quite well on the device, so its high time we have Android Marshmallow-based ROM for our devices. This new ROM has been developed by h2o64 and is named AOSParadox. This type of ROM has also been ported to other devices such as Oneplus One and Moto G 2013.
There are several changes and performance based optimizations in Android Marshmallow. The battery life is good, Doze mode allows you to have longer standby time. App permissions Google Now on Tap and few UI changes have been updated in Android M.
The new ROM is still under development so there might be some problems while using it. The camera and dual SIM functions don’t work with this build of ROM. There might be abrupt closing of apps but if you still want to update your Moto G 2014, follow these steps below.
Step to install Android M on Moto G 2014
- Moto G 2014 phone should have TWRP or any other custom recovery.
- Download ROM zip AOSParadox-STABLE-20151020-titan.zip (not a stable version)
- Download Gapps
- Download the files from the above mentioned links.
- Boot your device in custom recovery by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button. Select Recovery using volume down key and then press volume up button to boot into recovery.
- Backup your ROM by going to backup and select Boot, System and Data then swipe to confrim the nandroid backup which can be restored later, if something goes wrong during the process.
- Now go back to home and select Wipe, then swipe to Factory reset. Now go to Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik cache, Data, Cache, and System and confirm to perform Wipes.
- Go back to home of Recovery and select install, find the zip file your transferred in your phone and install it.
- Go back to install and find the Gapps file and install it.
- Reboot your device and rejoice the new Android M on your Moto G 2014.
Let us know in the comments below if you can across any errors during the installation process and also let us know how do you enjoy the new update on your phone.
Disclaimer: Neither Droidmen, Nor the author will be responsible for any damage that occurs during/after the flashing process.