Google has now been rolling out the July Android Security Patch for the Google Pixel and Nexus phones. The patch comes out as the latest Android security patch. For those who might not be aware, Google releases these security patches every month for their top smartphones. The update usually comes first to the Pixel and Nexus devices. However, this time it was the Nokia 6 which got the update. However, it is now out for the Pixel and Nexus phones as well.
The updates are rolling out as OTA updates. However, for those who prefer installing them manually, Google has also made them available on their website. The July Android Security Patch update comes for the Google Pixel, as well as the Google Pixel XL smartphones. Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, as well as the Pixel C tablet.
The July Android Security Patch comes out in two versions: One that features updates to Android 7.1.1 for Nexus 6 and Nexus 9, and another that features updates to Android 7.1.2 for all the other phones.
- Google Pixel – NJH47D (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel XL – NJH47D (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6P – N2G48B (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 5X – N2G47Z (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6 – N6F27H (factory image, OTA)
- Pixel C – N2G48B (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) – N9F27F (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 9 (LTE) – N4F27I (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus Player – N2G48B (factory image, OTA)
Google is highly committed when it comes to the updates for their flagship devices. The company ensures that Pixel and Nexus phones get timely updates. This time too, the July Android Security Patch has been rolled out in just 5 days. Stay tuned with us for more updates on Android devices!