VPN is a virtual private network, it is a way of securely transmitting data from PC to another server over the Internet. It allows people located at distance to be part of your non-profit’s secure in-office network public over the public internet. It also travels the data through tunnel in encrypted form which is saved from eavesdropping and thieves.
Apart from securing data VPN also allows you to protect your data on web, unblocks the restricted websites i.e you can stream Spotify, Netflix from any corner of the world, it can block access of several sites on your network like blocking fb on your school network.
Android already is capable of connecting to a VPN and it doesn’t need third party apps to connect a number of servers but using apps makes it much simpler.
So here is the list of 5 Apps available on your Google Play store which provide standard VPN services. There are many apps but we have combined best of all. These apps are free but if you want to access all of their functionalities you will have to buy their paid versions.
Also Read “BEST ANDROID APPS ONE MUST HAVE”
FlashVPN Free VPN Proxy
FlashVPN provides simple UI with one button which connects you to VPN server. You need to login though. Just tap the button to connect to the server, along with that it has a drop down menu which allows you to select server based on location or the fastest one. It has ads, but its removable if you buy the premium version.
- Provides connection on just one click(no config required).
- No connection time limitation with premium bandwidth.
- Fastest connection with just one click.
- VPN servers are deployed on multi-locations: The United States, England, and Japan.
- Unblocks geographically restricted sites- Google, Fb, Twitter, YouTube.
- Protects privacy by securing VPN encryption.
- No system root required.
TunnelBear has a very unique UI with world map on it which allows you to choose different locations easily. This UI is user friendly as well. It comes with limited usage with free version but you can subscribe on monthly basis to access more data.
- Unblocks restricted websites from any corner in the world.
- Keeps your location private from online trackers.
- Securely uses public Wifi.
- User friendly UI.
- Simple VPN app for Android phones and tablets.
- “Tunnels” your data from one country to another.
Also READ “Some ANDROID APPS DEVELOPED BY GOOGLE Rarely Known”
Unlimited Free VPN – betternet
There are very few VPN apps which provide all functions for free. Unlimited Free VPN – betterne is a completely free app with no login or signups, you just have to simply open the app tap on the Connect button and there you have a fully functional VPN service. It has a desktop client as well so you can use VPN functionality on your PC.
- It’s FREE. Totally.
- No loging or resgistration.
- No unwanted ads.
- Simple interface.
- Has desktop client if you want VPN functionality on your PC.
SuperVPN Free VPN Client.
SuperVPN is a simple tap-one-button connect app. It provides you 20 days of unlimited usage, that too you have to reconnect after usage of one hour. You can access the complete version with uniterrupted usage if you buy a premium version.
- Simple UI, tap a button and it will connect you.
- Protects your usage from 3rd party tracking.
- No login or registration required.
- No speed, No bandwidth limitation.
- No root-ing of device.
- Great server speed and reliability.
- Uses most secure VPN solution.
It offers limited usage if you are using a free version, but you can increase the app by performing few tasks such as sharing the app, rating it on the Google Play Store and few others.
- No bandwidth limit, free trial.
- Unblocks websites with geographocal location.
- Super fast speed.
- Secures network traffic under Wi-Fi hotspot Browse anonymously and securely without being tracked. Enjoy private browsing.
- Choose any server location.
- Encrypts data OpenVPN protocols (UDP / TCP).
Already using any of these? Let us know in the comment section below, also if you find any other VPN app which is as good as listed above mention their names with functionalities in the comments.